- 10 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
Located on one of Sitka’s premier waterfront lots, Ferndale offers amazing views from 2 levels. To the west, expansive windows and a deck on each floor provide breathtaking views of the sunset. You and your guests can enjoy the sun while grilling on the patio or by taking a dip into the ocean directly off the dock located right outside your front door. At the end of the driveway, enjoy a bike ride with waterfront views on a wide bike path out to Whale Park. To the north, the bustling town center is just three miles away. This home is thoughtfully stocked to be the perfect place to get away from daily routines and make new memories. Think about the perfect location for a family reunion or plan a sanctuary for guest while you enjoy all Sitka has to offer.
Features which set Ferndale apart for a large family and friend get-a-way:
– Three (3) bedrooms as well as a den for an overflow sleeping area to sleep 10 guests total.
– First floor has two guest bedrooms, a den, tv room plus one full size bathroom.
– Second floor showcases an expansive kitchen with room for everyone to gather while meals are prepared.
– Dining room, living room and large kitchen are on the second floor.
– Large covered patio on the first floor and large deck off the living room and dinning room on the second floor allows for a perfect place to enjoy the outdoors, no matter the weather.
– Second floor has one large master bedroom with a sitting area, amazing ocean views, outdoor deck, walk in closet and large bathroom. The master bedroom has a king size bed.
– The two guest rooms each with a queen size bed.
– The spacious yet comfortable den offers a media/game room, it is great place to gather or may be used for extra sleeping accommodations. The den has a double size pull out and a futon that can be made into a bed. Extra bedding provided.
– Plenty of parking on the premise
– Private and quiet location
– Use of dock included
- Game Room
- Smart TV
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Table
- Kitchen Island
- bird watching
- whale watching
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- Catering available
- Health and Safety
- Clean with disinfectant
- No-contact check-in and check-out
- High touch surfaces cleaned with disinfectant
- Towels and bedding washed in water that's at least 60sC/140sF
- SafeStay (AHLA - USA)
What Others Had To Say
January Retreat at Ferndale
At first we were dismayed by how outdated the house is - it doesn't come through well in the pictures. There was also a very musty "old" smell that I was worried was going to affect the participants' experience.That being said, once we settled in, the space worked very well. We were able to utilize the many large living spaces and greatly appreciated the light and view. We found everything we needed and appreciated the tea and coffee and filters in the kitchen. We ended up having a wonderful retreat experience despite our early worries. One maintenance note: the toilet in the large bedroom upstairs may be leaking slowly, or sweating enough to soak the floor.
We had an incredible stay with our three young children and a Grandparent. The home was clean, peaceful and spacious. We used almost all aspects of the property and were warmly greeted by a family of deer upon our arrival. After bedtimes we sat outside to read while listening to salmon jump. It was simply spectacular and we will certainly return. Lastly, we changed our dates a handful of times and the property management group was gracious and helpful.
Spectacular Home and Location
We stayed for two weeks while visiting our grandchildren. The home is located directly on the bay amd provides spectacular views as well as privacy. The home is quite large with wonderful decks on the main (upper) level as well as decks and a beautiful lawn on the lower level. There is a large totem pole in the backyard immediately on the bay. We enjoyed the company of a family of bald eagles just 10 yards from the upper deck every morning amd evening. It is difficult to call this expelling anything but magical. Highly recommended stay!